T-shirt and apparel fundraisers are well-received by customers for several reasons:
- T-shirts and apparel are fun and fashionable
- T-shirts and apparel are useful; they are needed items that consumers would be buying anyway
- T-shirts and apparel can show support for secondary organizations (such as save the whales, save the earth, support education…) while financially supporting local groups, schools, and organizations at the same time
- T-shirt and apparel fundraisers lend consumers access to selections they might otherwise have a hard time locating
Selling t-shirts and apparel
Fundraising groups enjoy several benefits of working with t-shirt fundraisers as well:
- Organizations can choose themed t-shirts and apparel which coordinate with their own philosophy
- Printed apparel raises awareness of the organization and their activities
- A variety of items can be chosen to suit consumer interest including tote bags, backpacks, sweatshirts, hats and coats
- Profit on single items is significant, often starting at $5.00 or more
- With high individual profits, the sale of just a few items per seller can add up to big group profits
- Apparel sales run via catalog order, require no upfront costs; additionally, many suppliers now offer online ordering so out-of-town supporters can also participate
- T-shirts and apparel can be screen printed or embroidered with group/school/organization logos or mottos
Many schools and groups hold an annual t-shirt and apparel fundraiser selling custom-printed group, school, or team apparel. Some even purchase quantities of apparel to have on hand for on the spot and ongoing sales. This method can serve double duty by supplying students and group members with the team, school, or organization apparel they want and need while raising funds for the group at the same time.
Theme and design offerings vary by company. A few designs that are commonly available include:
- Categorized t-shirts and apparel such as sports themes, the environment, pets, kids, teens, humorous, and endangered species
- Occupational t-shirt and apparel designs like teachers, nurses, firefighters, and so on
With so many options on so useful a product, it’s easy to see why many groups make a t-shirt and apparel fundraiser an annual event. T-shirts and apparel can help raise awareness of an issue, advertise your group and even your need, or just be a good, plain fun way to raise some significant cash for an organization.
* * * * * * *
>> Read more articles by FundraisingIP.com
* * * * * * *
>> To easily receive updates, incl. new articles, fundraising ideas and more, subscribe here.
* * * * * * *